What is face and neck lift surgery?
Basically, face and neck lift surgeries are two separate procedures. In practice, however, they are usually done together. The aim of both operations is to remove wrinkles in the area where they are applied, to remove excess fat tissues and to make the skin look younger naturally.
Facelift is the operation that rejuvenates the face, which undergoes various deformations over time due to effects such as gravity, advanced age and sun rays, and provides an aesthetic appearance. In facelift operations, an incision is classically made starting from the front of the ear and extending to the scalp. This prevents the surgical scar from being visible after the procedure. In facelift operations, aesthetic problems in areas such as the nose, eyelids, mouth and cheeks are eliminated. For this, the following are among the procedures performed within facelift operations:
- Elimination of wrinkles
- Elimination of sagging skin
- Removal of accumulated fat tissues
- Compression of the facial muscles
- Younger looking face
- Clarification of facial contours
- Elimination of sagging and drooping eyelids
- Removal of skin blemishes
- The skin gets rid of its dull and lifeless appearance and looks bright and healthy
- Elimination of low eyebrows
- Removal of bruises and bagging under the eyes
Neck lift operations, which are usually applied together with facelift operations, are a type of operation applied to eliminate the signs of aging in the neck area. In this operation, the entire neck area is treated starting from under the chin. Among the problems addressed in neck lift operations are the following:
- Removal of fat tissue under the chin
- Stretching of muscle tissues
- Removal of excess tissues
Although face and neck lift operations are aesthetic surgical procedures on their own, it is recommended to perform both operations at the same time in order to achieve maximum benefit.
Who can have a face and neck lift?
Face and neck lift operations are aesthetic operations that can be applied to men and women over the age of 40. It is applied in the face and neck areas of people over the specified age in case the person is uncomfortable and cannot benefit from other rejuvenation options.
In some cases, face and neck lift operations can also be applied to younger people. But this requires a serious problem. In face and neck lift operations, various operations such as eyelid aesthetics and forehead lift can also be applied.
What are the complications of face and neck lift procedure?
Among the complications that patients may encounter after face and neck lift operations are the following.
- Bruising and swelling in the operated area
- Hair loss in the incision area
- Damage to facial nerves
- Fluid accumulation at the surgical site
In addition to these complications, patients may also face some complications caused by anesthesia. However, since these complications are caused by anesthesia, they are not counted among the complications of face and neck lift operations. Finally, face and neck lift operations have a low risk of complications.
What is the face and neck lift healing process?
The recovery process after face and neck lift operations varies according to the patients. In addition, the technique used in the operation is extremely effective on the healing process. However, in general, the recovery processes of patients after face and neck lift operations are generally as follows:
- Patients can start walking between 4-6 hours after surgery.
- The elbows placed after surgery are removed 1 to 2 days after surgery.
- It is necessary to wait 1 week to remove the bandages applied during the surgery.
- Patients may experience mild pain after surgery. In order to control these pains, it will be sufficient to use painkillers prescribed by the doctor.
- The duration of bruising and edema after surgery is directly proportional to the patient's skin type, but ice compresses should be applied as recommended by the doctor to accelerate this process. It takes up to 1 week for bruises and swelling to disappear.
- The incisions made during surgery are not noticeable because they are not in visible areas. They are also almost completely invisible within 6 to 12 months after surgery.
Non-surgical face and neck lift
Non-surgical methods can also be used to remove signs of aging in the face and neck area. These methods provide the desired results without the need for face and neck lift surgery, especially in people with new symptoms. Non-surgical face and neck lift procedures are diversified with different techniques.
Focused ultrasound hifu
The ultrasound waves used in the focused ultrasound hifu method, which is one of the methods to be used to remove sagging and wrinkles in the neck area, affect the lowest layer of the skin and rejuvenate the skin.
In the gold needle method, which is a method that can be applied to both the face and neck area, a medical device with micro needles is used. Micro-needles send radiofrequency waves with healing properties to the lower layers of the skin, allowing the problematic area to heal.
Spider web aesthetics
Spider web aesthetics, which is another method applied to both the neck and face area, is the best option for face and neck lift surgery as it provides lifting of the applied area. In this process, threads suitable for the skin type are used. These threads are passed under the skin to reshape the face and neck area. While the ropes used for the hanger dissolve over time, there is no trace left after the application.
Basically, ultherapy, a method that provides collagen support to the skin, removes wrinkles and sagging skin. This method, which uses focused ultrasound technology, provides the removal of relaxations in the chin and cheek area, chin shaping, wrinkles between the lips and nose and around the eyes. Its permanence varies between 1 and 2 years.
What should be considered after face and neck lift surgery?
After the face and neck lift operation, recovery can be achieved faster by paying attention to some points. Among these points are the following.
- The head should always be kept above the level of the heart for the swelling to go down more quickly.
- At bedtime, you should lie in a position close to a sitting position.
- After the operation, patients are recommended to wear a face mask day and night for the first week to prevent blood accumulation under the skin. Later on 3. and At 4 weeks, it will be sufficient to wear the face mask only at night.
- In order for the swelling to heal faster, patients should avoid salt for a while after the operation and consume plenty of water.
- The scars of the incisions made in the face and neck lift operation are visible for several months. During this period, patients can cover their surgical scars with makeup.
- Smoking may prolong the recovery period and cause some complications. For this reason, patients should not smoke for a while after surgery.
- It is necessary to wait 3 to 4 weeks for skin care to be performed. After the waiting period, you can start using skin cleansing and care products.
- Severe mimic movements such as laughter should be avoided within one week after surgery.
- It is recommended not to have long conversations for 2 weeks after the operation.